Braindump by Date
01 Dec 2012 » Replacing Macbook HD with an SSDMy poor little laptop hard drive had been whining and whimpering, so I upgraded it to an SSD. Turned out to be inexpensive and very DIY friendly, so here are my cliffs notes. read more...
10 Feb 2011 » Controlling What You Can
14 Jun 2010 » Atomic Rant ReduxMy atomic rant has gotten a ton of traffic - more than I forsaw. Seems atomicity is a hot topic in the web world these days. Increasing user concurrency, coupled with more interactive apps, exposes all sorts of edge cases. I wanted to write a follow-up post to step back and look at a few more high-level concerns with atomicity, as well as some Redis-specific issues we’ve seen. read more...
18 Feb 2010 » An Atomic RantYou are probably not handling atomic operations properly in your app, and probably have some nasty lurking race conditions. The worst part is these will get worse as your user count increases, are difficult to reproduce, and usually happen in your most critical pieces of code. (And no, your unit tests can’t catch them either.) read more...
16 Oct 2008 » Doppelganger spotted in London!
- Whoami - read more (funny)
- AWS Principal Solutions Architect for Gaming
- Ex-head of Online Game Tech at Sony PlayStation
- Built Datacenters and Deployment Apps at Sun (RIP)
- redis-objects - Ruby class API for Redis
- CGI::FormBuilder - Perl module for form-based apps
- BeerLabels.com - a decade-long microbrew quest
- Game Credits